Sunday, October 7, 2012

Penalty Shot

Day 235



Penalty Shot
2.5 shots out of 5

Penalty Shot is definitely a shot to take when you've caused a penalty!



Amazing win by our San Francisco 49ers!  

Way to go boys!  

Thanks to your win I used my 49ers shot glass and hat for tonight's cocktail.  

(Yes I know that there is no such thing as a penalty shot in football).  

Now up is our San Francisco Giants in Game 2 of the playoffs.  

I hope we win this one after last nights loss.  Another sports filled weekend both with my boys and our home town teams.  

Along with the sports we've been hearing the Blue Angels flying overhead all weekend long.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5. 
 
The flavor of this shooter......is interesting.  

It reminds me of something and I can't think of what it is.  

In a weird way I almost taste a hint of minty licorice or something?  

This is not a fabulous flavor that has me wanting another one by far.  

It's not horribly horrible, but I do think it's name serves it right........it is a definite penalty shot.  

One I'm not sure I'd like to have too many of I tell you.  

I got tonight's recipe here.



Here is a photo of the end result:

Penalty Shot is definitely a shot to take when you've caused a penalty!

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Penalty Shot ingredients


Here is the recipe for a Penalty Shot:

  • 1/2 oz Midori
  • 1/2 oz blue curacao
  • 1/2 oz triple sec
In a shot glass pour all of your ingredients and give it a stir.



Nice win today 49ers.  Fingers crossed for my Giants!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog. I think this is a brilliant idea. I will be sure to pin some and follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Chance! I'm happy you found my blog! I'm having a lot of fun with it! Have a great day!! Cheers. =)

      Delete