Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rum Swizzler

Day 207



Rum Swizzler
5 shots out of 5


Rum Swizzler, just the name intrigues me!  I do love a good rum cocktail!



Did you hear that?  

Screaming coming from the front room?  

Must be football season!  

I'd better hurry up and get out there so that I can scream along with my husband!  

Tonight's cocktail ends another weekend here which means it's time to get ready for another week of craziness!


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I got tonight's cocktail recipe from Matt who enjoyed this cocktail while he vacationed in Bermuda.  Thank You Matt for a perfect cocktail to end my weekend!  

I had to do a double take when I read 1/8 tsp. of bitters......you mean not a dash or two, but actually 1/8 tsp?  

I've never heard of a cocktail having that much bitters in it, but apparently this one does and I'll admit, it's good!  

Matt gave me the option of Dark Rum or Spiced Rum, I went with Spiced, but I have a feeling that Dark Rum would be good too....maybe even better?




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Rum Swizzler:

  • 1 oz dark rum or spiced rum
  • 1 oz pineapple juice
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • 1/4 oz lime juice
  • 1/4 oz grenadine
  • 1/8 tsp angostura bitters

In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up real good to give it a nice froth.  Strain your mixture into a cocktail glass and enjoy!



Here's to an awesome colored and tasting cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Screaming for the Seahawks right?? right? Ya know you wanna! Go Hawks! (Ya i know they lost but I am a faithful fan what can i say) except GO HAWKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, actually the 49ers......but hey, GO WEST Coast National Football teams!!

      Delete